Friday, January 24, 2014

Starting a new class!

at OnlineCardClasses...Stenciled.  Just watched the videos, printed out the PDF and I'm ready to play with stencils, inks, embossing powder, and mists!

And I'm back with my first stenciled card using a few ideas from class.  So many things to try!



and then an attempt at the embossing technique...didn't go so well.  I'm wondering if embossing powder has a shelf life and if mine has exceeded it.  I could not get areas to emboss.  So after a third try I just cut away the areas of embossing that looked okay and hodge-podged a card together with the remnants...not a keeper...


3 comments:

Kylie said...

I must say I really like your "hodge podge" card. I think it turned out beautifully and it really caught my eye in the gallery!!

Tamara Gordon said...

I actually love this card, as I seen it in the gallery and to caught my eye, had to look and how it was done.

Lisa said...

These are both gorgeous!! I love the designs!! Your "hodge-poged" card is fabulous!! You did an awesome job on both!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts