Wednesday, July 08, 2009

My "miraculous" Mara shawl is all but done! And I love it...I have a few ends to weave in and then I'll do a nice blocking this weekend...but I do love it...so soft and squishy! I only call it miraculous because I think if I would've been doing this alone I would have given up in frustration and frogged it long ago. I don't know why, just had a lot of issues with the yarn-overs...I think maybe because of course being a shawl, the triangular nature of the pattern, along with the yarn-overs maybe compounded the problem. But because I did this via a knit-a-long on Ravelry, well, that saved me...so nice to have the online knitting community to bounce questions off of, what a difference it makes! Ah well, all is good now, I'm so happy to have the shawl off the needles...so without further ado here is my Mara shawl...



now I'm awaiting my yarn for the next KAL I've joined...this time the Milkweed Shawl by Laura Chau...can't wait!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely. The fig colorway is just so pretty!

VictoriaG said...

Oh! You're so sweet to leave comments :-) Thanks so much, I do love it...and you're right, the fig is beautiful, it really is...I love it in the outside light, I sat outside a couple days ago and worked on it, and the colors are just lovely!

tina bee said...

this looks so beautiful

inkberryblue said...

I am in awe of your knitting skills! (I'm still a beginner ~ I am much more comfortable with crochet.) Congratulations on a job well done.

lizzzknits said...

This simple shawl will serve you very well. I am about to frog the Ishbel shawl, because my stitch count is wrong on every other row!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I agree because of you and other kind people on ravelry I'm able to complete projects that seemed undoable.I would love to knit this shawl yours is gorgeous.Hugs Darcy
knottyknitter40 on ravelry

Jessica said...

Hi, I hope you can help me! I just started. I'm having trouble seeing how the edging comes in. Your photo helps, thanks for posting it. Will it just happen if I follow the directions? I guess thats what makes knitting both thrilling and frustrating... It takes a ton of time to see what will come of it! Your help is appreciated, thanks.

Jessica said...

Ok.. I kept knitting and I see te pattern now. Thanks for your photo.. It helped.

VictoriaG said...

Hi Jessica! Yes, I'm getting back to you now after you've knit a bit and glad to see you're seeing the pattern emerge! It was a very straightforward pattern..knit on! Let me know how it's going :)
VictoriaG