Monday, April 13, 2009

Too much...
Just too much going on the past few weeks...too much to get caught up with since vacation, too much work, too many errands, too many commitments...

But now, here's something that I've been able to play with, relax with, enjoy...

P4140367

I love being able to pick up these little squares, joining them together with such ease.
I have wanted to try Lucy's method of joining but needed/wanted a more colorful selection of yarn than what I already had on hand (an excuse to go out and buy more yarn), but being my usual impatient self, the only thing I could find/afford at the moment was some inexpensive RedHeart DK/sport weight yarn...and though at the time I thought the colors were rather loud and obnoxious, I am delighted with my project! This is just a small sampling, so I could practice the squares and their joining. Now, as you can see, coming along quite nicely...

flower blossom

Made up of 20 squares, then I crocheted around the rectangle in granny square fashion, a round of each color...pretty colorful isn't it?

8 comments:

Jen said...

Oh WOW!! I Luv the colors and especially the border. So cool, you must spell out how to do that border for me.

Unknown said...

Your granny squares are lovely, great choice of colours.

VictoriaG said...

Thanks Jen and Leeanne! Funny how I started with those colors (all the colors in stock of that yarn) and felt that they were just so bright and loud, but as I worked with them, they are all so much better! I'm loving this little project!

Terri Lynn said...

I love your minis! Thanks for joining Granny Squares(you did join?) Your blog makes me smile!

Samsara said...

I'm crocheting a flower blanket too - I love Lucy's blog, but I'm using scrap for my blanket, so it's not looking as bright as yours :-)

Samsara said...

Thanks for bookmarking me :-) I've added you to my reader too!

smariek said...

So many colours, it's very festive looking!

Lucy@Attic24 said...

Vicki it looks absolutely fabby!!!
I took my mini-afghan on hols with me and managed to make good progress too, I do love the join-as-you-go for these small squares, very much :o) I'm aiming to do 10x10 (100) squares with a wide granny-border like you've done, I'm up to 80 at the mo and loving it.
Thanks for sharing
lucexxxxxxx